The beam source of the LDF diode laser
The beam source contains several stacks of individual diode bars. The number of bars per stack and the total number of stacks depends on the laser output power and the required beam quality. Using a straightforward, patented technology, the beams of the diodes are overlaid to form a single laser beam that is coupled into an optical fiber.
In most cases, the modular structure of the laser head allows the system to be fitted with additional stacks if extra power is needed.
Laserline aims for maximum reliability in particular for the heart of each diode laser system: the individual laser diode. Very stringent criteria and specially developed test procedures, guarantee that only qualified laser diodes are used. Diode laser systems from Laserline operate for more than 30,000 hours, which is equivalent to 5 - 7 years of production, before diode laser elements may need replacing.
Should, despite all precautions, a spontaneous failure of a diode laser occur, Laserline’s pioneer electronic stack management system steps into action. Based on the redundancy concept and automatic system adjustment, faults can be compensated within a few minutes.
Technical advantages at the glance
- Worldwide only mobile series up to 25 kW laser power
- Modular: Optionally internal or external cooling system
- Laserline water/water or water/air cooling systems
- High electrical efficiency: up to 50 percent
- Field-proven active diode cooling technology
- Internal networking of all system components
- Real-time diagnosis of malfunctions
- Interfaces compatible with previous system generations
Highest quality in every respect
- Hot-plug capable mobile operation panel
- Remote operation via network access
- Convinient laser data backup on USB stick
- Maintenance-friendly due to sliding service hood
- Robust system for over 30,000 hours of operation
- Reliable and continious - also in multiple-shift operation
- 5-year warranty for laser diodes